Start Date: Middle-Late August 2017, interviews will begin ASAP
Location: Dallas, Texas (75226)
Wayfaren is hiring a new Shop Apprentice to help craft items in the woodshop as well as provide some assistance in the studio. The position will focus on learning and implementing fundamentals of woodworking (tool maintenance, milling, joinery, surface prep and finishing), as well as packaging and fulfilling orders. We are looking to add someone to our dynamic team that has an appreciation for woodworking or is eager to learn about the trade and small business world!
*Training will be provided
The Right Applicant Will:
- Love working with their hands and learning about the art of woodworking
- Be dependable, trustworthy and responsible
- Be a highly detail-oriented person and is thorough in task completion
- Be a quick learner who takes initiative and has pride in their own work
- Be a self-starter who does not require constant supervision
- Enjoy working in a laid-back, flexible work environment
- Be able to lift at least 25 lbs
This role includes (but is not limited to):
- Both production assistance and autonomy (construction, sanding, staining, etc)
- Creating and executing a production schedule, assuring all orders are shipped out on time
- Basic shop upkeep
- Support with order fulfillment (packaging both large and small products)
We are especially interested if you:
- Have a prior knowledge of our brand
- Have a basic knowledge or any experience with woodworking
- Have any prior experience with production or shop-like environments
- Have ever worked with a laser etcher/cutter
This is a part-time position (15-20+ hours weekly) with hourly pay, commensurate with experience. We are a business that recognizes and celebrates talent and growth; there will be opportunities for bonuses and raises.
To apply please send your cover letter, resume, and Monday - Friday availability to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing 'Applicant - Woodworking Apprentice' in the subject line.